We are pleased that nearly 2000 people enjoyed the Ely and District CAMRA, 9th Elysian Winter Beer Festival which took place on:
Friday 26th January 2018 from 10.30am to 22.00pm &
Saturday 27th January 2018 from 10.30am to 20.00pm
at The Maltings, Ship Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4BB
This website will now no longer be updated until plans are underway for the next event – until then all content will remain live on this site should people wish to review any of the content. We look forward to seeing you at the 10th event.
There will be a wide range of beers (approximately 84) and ciders (approximately 20) on offer for your enjoyment.
Further update – The combined provisional beer and cider list with tasting notes is now available to view by clicking on this link.
Here it is the Final beer and cider list 2018
Day 1 Updates to beer list as follows:
- 23 Three Blind Mice – Flight Of The Unicorn v1 is now keykeg 27
- 23R is now Three Blind Mice – Happy Face (Double Vanilla) 4.1 FESTIVAL SPECIAL
- 46 Fox Meadow – Fields Of Gold withdrawn and replaced by BULL OF THE WOODS ~ VAPOUR TRAIL
- 74 Star Wing – Spire Light withdrawn and replaced by OTHER MONKEY ~ STOUT
- 18 Bexar County – Young & Afraid is YOUNG & UNAFRAID
Day 2 updates to the beer list
- 40 Bull Of The Woods Winter Pale 4.7 replaced by 102 Abstract Jungle Sturdy – Simcoe Citra 5.6
- 44 Downham Isle English Pale Ale 5.0 replaced by 101 Abstract Jungle Casual 4.6
- 58 Mile Tree Morello Porter 4.8 replaced by 215 Milton Minerva 4.6
- 57 Mile Tree Citra Gold 3.7 replaced by 104 All Day Rye Porter 5.9
- 62 Mr Bees Best BeeR 4.0 replaced by 107 Draycott CA Steam 4.5
- 68 Pumphouse Old Gold 3.9 replaced by 110 Yorkshire Heart Off The Wheaten Path 3.5
- 72 Shiny Disco Balls 5.3 replaced by 106 Grain Best Bitter 4.2
- 77 Totally Brewed Guardian Of The Forest 3.8 replaced by 108 Muirhouse Magnum Mild 4.5
- 81 Tudor Tudor IPA 4.0 replaced by 109 Turpins Cambridge Black 4.6
- 21 Three Blind Mice Calypso 5.0 replaced by Lonely Snake Citra Simcoe 3.5
There are gluten free and vegan beers available for those who wish to partake of them. Breweries featured include:
- The Three Blind Mice Brewery – http://www.imxprs.com/free/threeblindmice/three-blind-mice-brewery
- Bexar County Brewery – https://bexarcountybrewery.com/
- Xtreme ales Micro Brewery – http://www.xtremeales.com/ and
- Mile Tree Brewery – http://www.miletreebrewery.co.uk/
- Colchester Brewery – http://www.colchesterbrewery.com/
- Abstract Jungle Brewery – http://www.abstractjunglebrewery.co.uk/
- Muirhouse Brewery – http://muirhousebrewery.co.uk/
- The All Day Brewing Company – http://www.alldaybrewing.co.uk/
- The Grain Brewery – http://www.grainbrewery.co.uk/
- Lord Conrad’s Brewery – http://www.lordconradsbrewery.co.uk/
- Yorkshire Heart Brewery –http://www.yorkshireheart.com/
- Nene Valley Brewery – http://www.nenevalleybrewery.com/NVB/Home.html
- Boudicca Brewing Company – http://www.boudiccabrewing.co.uk/#/
- Moonshine Brewery – http://www.moonshinebrewery.co.uk/
- Angles Ales – https://www.angles-ales.uk/
- Bull of the Woods Brewing Co – https://www.facebook.com/Bull-of-the-Woods-Brewing-Co-185553245325069/
…and many others – all now listed on the beer and cider list.
Programmes will be available on the day which will also list all the beers available – please make your selection before arriving at the bar and have a second choice available should your first choice not be available. If you want to relive the 2016 and 2017 festivals, reminisce over the beers you enjoyed or simply to see what was on offer in previous years take a look at the programmes from these events 2016 Programme 2017 Programme Alternatively take a look at the Winter edition of our 2017 Ely Isle Ale Magazine for some interesting articles, a crossword and most importantly the Golden Route which will enable you to visit all of the Public Houses in Ely.
If you wish to see the Press Release – it is available here Press Release – Winter 2018.
Please be sure to like our Facebook page @ElyAnd DistrictCamra and also follow us on twitter @ElyBeerFestival to receive regular updates. If you wish to download the poster for the event you can do so here Poster 2018
Many thanks must go to the Sponsors of this event:
- The Drayman’s Son – http://www.draymans.co.uk/
- 3@3 Real Ale and Craft Beer Café – http://www.3at3deli.com/
- The Prince Albert Public House https://www.facebook.com/pg/PrinceAlbertEly/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item and
- The Three Blind Mice Brewery http://www.imxprs.com/free/threeblindmice/three-blind-mice-brewery
- The Town House http://www.thetownhousepub.co.uk/
Please note that many details for the festival are subject to change and this website will be updated as and when details are known or change – please regard all information as provisional.