Years in position
Elections and appointments
John Curry (Republican Party) is a judge for the 13th Subcircuit of the Cook County Judicial Circuit Court in Illinois. He assumed office on December 1, His current term ends on December 7,
Curry ran for re-election for the 13th Subcircuit judge of the Cook County Judicial Circuit Court in Illinois. He won in the retention election on November 3,
Curry earned his B.A. from Northwestern University, and his J.D. from the Vanderbilt University Law School.
Prior to his election to the court, Curry was a partner in the law firm of Polisinelli PC. From through , he served as a special assistant attorney general for Illinois. During the Reagan administration, Curry served as a trial lawyer for the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. From through , Curry served as an assistant attorney general for the State of Illinois. Curry was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 
- See also: Municipal elections in Cook County, Illinois ()
John Curry was retained to the 13th Subcircuit of the Cook County Judicial Circuit Court on November 3, with % of the vote.
It has been certified.Source
See also: Illinois judicial elections,
Curry ran for election to the Cook County 13th Subcircuit.
Primary: He was successful in the Republicanprimary on March 18, , receiving percent of the vote.He competed against Gary W. Seyring.
General: He was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 
The Illinois State Bar Association rated John Curry (Illinois) as Qualified for election in 
Ballotpedia survey responses
See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection
John Curry did not complete Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey.
Awards and associations
- President's Gavel, Illinois State Society of Washington, D.C.
- Order of Constantine, Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Former Vice Chairman at Large and Treasurer, Cook County Republican Party
- Member, Chicago's Leading Lawyers Network
- Member, Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Member, Cook County Republican Central Committee
- Member, National Board of Directors of the National Young Republican Federation
- Member, Barrington Township Republican Organization
- Member, National Republican Lawyers Association
- Member, St. Ann's Catholic Church
- Member, City Club of Chicago
- Member, University Club of Chicago
- Founder, Chicago Lawyers Division of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy
- ↑ Curry Campaign Website, "About," archived January 29,
- ↑Illinois State Board of Elections, "General Primary," March 18,
- ↑Cook County Clerk's Office, " Gubernatorial Primary Election," March 18, , accessed March 19, (dead link)
- ↑Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official Canvass, General Primary Election," March 18,
- ↑Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October
- Park Ridge parents sue District 64 over quarantine demandBy Russell LissauSep 25, PM - A Park Ridge couple is suing after they were forced to pull their three children from school because the kids hadn't quarantined after a trip abroad.
- Departing state senator will become a judge FridayBy Rebecca AnzelJun 19, PM - John Mulroe is trading his state Senate seat for a judicial bench. After serving more than eight years in the General Assembly, the Chicago Democrat will be sworn in Friday as a Cook County circuit court judge.
- Constable: Immigrant's worry leads to WWI service and an American lifeNov 12, PM - What started because an Irishman didn't want to fight for the English during World War I turned into a wonderful American tale. William Burke set off and traveled the world but got drafted in Chicago. When he objected that compulsory military service was only for citizens, authorities made him one, Cook County Circuit Judge John J. Curry Jr., of Barrington, says about his grandfather, who told him the story.
- Edward J. King: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Edward J. King, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Kunkle vacancy)
- Catherine Ann Schneider: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Catherine Ann Schneider, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Kelly vacancy)
- Carolyn J. Gallagher: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Carolyn J. Gallagher, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Johnson vacancy)
- Ketki Kay Steffen: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Ketki Kay Steffen, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Fecarotta vacancy)
- Eve Marie Reilly: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Eve Marie Reilly, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Howard vacancy)
- Rossana Patricia Fernandez: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Rossana Patricia Fernandez, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Elrod vacancy)
- Alison C. Conlon: Candidate ProfileOct 18, AM - Candidate information for Alison C. Conlon, running for Cook County Circuit Court (Hogan vacancy)
- Lake Zurich, IL
- Palatine, IL
- Arlington Heights, IL
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- Vernon Hills, IL
- Algonquin-Lake In The Hills, IL
- Crystal Lake-Cary, IL
- Elgin, IL
- Libertyville, IL
- Deerfield, IL
Trial lawyer John Curry, of Barrington, filed his paperwork in Springfield Monday to run for Cook County Judge in the 13th Judicial Subcircuit in the March 18 GOP primary election.
Curry filed with 3, signatures, more than three times the required number of signatures to run for this seat, according to a press release.
"I am running for judge because we need balance in the Cook County Courts," said Curry. "I have a record of integrity in CookCounty. I've fought against corruption, crime and fraud in Illinois my entire career. My experience and integrity have equipped me to fairly serve our communities on the CircuitCourtofCookCounty."
Find out what's happening in Barrington with free, real-time updates from Patch.
Curry has already received strong support in his run for judge. He is being supported by Retired Cook County Judge Anthony Iosco, who recently retired creating the vacancy for which Curry is running, and Ty Fahner, former Illinois Attorney General. He has also been endorsed by Cook County Republican Party Chairman Aaron Del Mar and the Palatine Township Republican Organization, winning their support by receiving 79 percent of the vote of their organization this past week.
"I am honored to have received such strong support from public servants and Republican Party leaders," said Curry. "This is one of the few reliably Republican Subcircuits in CookCounty, and with their help we will win and elect an experienced and dedicated Republican with integrity. I intend to serve with integrity and impartiality in a county that so often falls far short, unfortunately, in both regards."
Find out what's happening in Barrington with free, real-time updates from Patch.
Curry is a trial lawyer who was admitted to the Illinois Bar in He is a partner in the law firm of Polsinelli PC. He served as a trial lawyer for the United States Department of Justice inWashington, D.C. during the Reagan administration. He also served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois from and as a Special Assistant Attorney General for Illinois from
Curry has been an active national, state, and local leader in the Republican party for many years. He has been elected to the Cook County Republican Central Committee for 17 years. He has served as both the vice chairman at large and the treasurer of the Cook County Republican Party. In college, he served as treasurer of the Illinois College Republican Federation as well as the president of the Northwestern Young Republicans. He is a patron and member of the Barrington Township Republican Organization.
Curry received his Juris Doctor from VanderbiltUniversityLawSchool. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from NorthwesternUniversity. He currently resides in Barrington with his wife, Jamie, where they are heavily involved in their community.
Submitted by John Curry for Judge
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful. This is a space for friendly local discussions. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name, and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your replies stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
County cook john curry
.John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt - CoComelon Nursery Rhymes \u0026 Kids Songs
You will also be interested:
- Empire carpet wiki
- Replacement queen bed side rails
- Chuuya nakahara
- Spectrum xfinity wifi
- Borderlands 1 enemies
- Kenmore washing machine water pump
- Decca plus before and after
- Slotted metal l brackets
- Minecraft body armor